From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Visibility on an element?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:04:54 GMT
That's good information to know.  I'm still learning about the GVT tree vs. SVG document and
how they relate to what's seen and what's loaded.  So if I change my code to wait for the
listener I already have (to date I've only waited for the render when loading the application),
it should work because the tree builder has already occurred as well?  Or do I explicitly
need to wait for the builder?

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Thu 9/21/2006 9:01 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Visibility on an element?

Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
09/21/2006 08:53:19 AM:

> OK, I might be a tad redundant, but just to be sure:
>
> I have a GVTTreeRendererAdapter already that listens for
gvtRenderingComplete.
> This listener for the tree builder is completely different, correct?

   It's a different listener.  However the listeners are well ordered:
        SVG Document Load
        GVT Tree Builder
        SVG Load Event

        GVT Tree Renderer (perhaps more than once)
        Update Manager    (perhaps more than once)

> Michael Bishop
>
> ________________________________

What
> I'm
> > doing is switching documents in my application (previous page/next
> page).
> > Does setting a new SVGDocument in a JSVGCanvas do something that I
need
> to wait for?
>
>    Yes, you need to wait for the GVTTreeBuilder to complete.
>
> > jsvgCanvas.setDocument(svgDocument);
> > // Wait for some listener to tell me CSS cascade is done...
> >
> > I figured this was related to the background color as well and it's
part
> of
> > the problem.  When I switch pages, I want to read the background of
the
> page I
> > switch to, so my color control will match.
> >
> > Michael Bishop
> >
> > ________________________________

org.apache.batik.bridge.CSSUtilities.convertDisplay(Unknown
> > > Source)
> >

> > >         at
> > > mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.util.LayerUtil.isVisible(LayerUtil.java:85)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.WBLayerListItem.initJCheckBox(WBLayerListIte
> > > m.java:119)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.WBLayerListItem.init(WBLayerListItem.java:10
> > > 3)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.WBLayerListItem.<init>(WBLayerListItem.java:
> > > 58)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.WBLayerPanel.rebuildLayerList(WBLayerPanel.j
> > > ava:68)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.managers.GUIManager.rebuildLayerList(GUIMana
> > > ger.java:210)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.managers.GUIManager.rebuildLayerInfo(GUIMana
> > > ger.java:202)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.managers.GUIManager.setSvgDocument(GUIManage
> > > r.java:184)
> > >
> > >         at
> > >
> mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.managers.WBManager.setDefaultWhiteboard(WBMa
> > > nager.java:105)
> > >
> > >         at mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.Main.main(Main.java:85)
> > >
> > >         ... 6 more

I?m
> > > looking
> > >
> > >    I guess I'm not sure what you mean by visibility.  As you hint
> > > below visibility doesn't mean much for a group (as any child can
> > > set 'visibility="visible"' and be visible).  Also many things like
> > > fill='none' stroke='none', or opacity='0' are treated very similar
> > > to visibility='hidden'.

> visible.
> > >
> > > I?m
> > >
> > >    display:none is a bit different as children can not override
this.
> > > Additionally a display:none element won't have any 'peer' in the
> > > Graphics tree.  The easiest thing is to use the CSS DOM to query
> > > the value of the 'display' property on the element.

there
are