From Roy S <r_somn...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Query on Capability
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:43:25 GMT

Hi,

Please consider this a pre-beginner's query: we plan to build a system (Java
based) where we need to deal with custom figures: we are looking for a
toolkit that would give us the following capabilities:
· Support for display of synoptic (think of Synoptic as custom widgets).
· Support for printing
· Support for zooming of the data (zoom in, zoom out, fit to content).

I have gone through the mailing list: I am reasonably confident that we can
implement the first two. However, for zooming, I am not too sure: While I
have come across queries associated with zooming, the batik site mentions
that Batik is "conformant static SVG implementation". Also in the status
page, there is no mention of zooming (it is mentioned as a dynamic test not
passed by Batik yet).

May I request somebody to clarify my queries about Batik's capabilities:
a. Validate my understanding about the first two points (synoptics and
printing)
b. Clear the doubts about zooming capability:

Note that this could be based on my lack of thorough knowledge about SVG.

Thanks in advance, and regards:

S Roy