From Roy S <r_somn...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Query on Capability
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:04:07 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

> Is your intent to draw the synoptic in SVG?  I suspect that this is
> your intent.  If so then I withdraw my concern.

The synoptics are plain diagrams in that they need to be drawn in different
ways (for example, changing colours depending on their current statuses).
They only have to support basic events like right mouse click and double
click.

Having said that, the information about the synoptic display (the number of
square bodies, the way they are oriented with respect to each other, etc.:
basically how to represent them on screen), are stored separately. This
information can be updated dynamically: for example, the status of an object
may change, or an object that was earlier associated with another object may
now be associated with a different one, etc. This means that we should have
the capability so that the display can be updated dynamically.

We will need some means by which we can generate SVG primitives out of the
"information about the synoptic display" that can then be rendered on
screen. Those should have the mouse click properties (mentioned above): Can
we expect the SVG Generator component of Batik to handle all this?

Thanks for your help, and regards:
S Roy