From "Greg Steele" <gste...@apt-cafm.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Styling
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:39:39 GMT
I stumpled into this, but if I group each of the elements, updating
thousands of elements' class attributes happens almost immediately.

An example of the change...

*Without grouping, updating 10,000 elements' class attributes took ~1min
30sec on my machine
<line id="0" class="Highlight" .../>
<line id="1" class="Thin Walls" .../>
<line id="2" class="Thick Walls" .../>
<line id="9999" class="Highlight" .../>

*Grouped each shape and updates to class are almost immediate...
<g>
<line id="0" class="Highlight" .../>
</g>
<g>
<line id="1" class="Thin Walls".../>
</g>
<g>
<line id="2" class="Thick Walls" .../>
</g>
<g>
<line id="9999" class="Highlight" .../>
</g>

There may be some reasonable explanation for this behavior, but it seems
like a bug to me.  I would prefer not having to group each shape as this
will significantly add to my file size, and I don't need the grouping, aside
from this issue.  Thanks for the help!

Greg