From "Greg Steele" <gste...@apt-cafm.com>
Subject Dynamic Styling
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:27:41 GMT
Hi,
I'm having some performance issues when updating elements' styling using the
class attribute.  My application allows users to reassign an element's
styling, but if a user updates several thousand elements, it can take
minutes.  I've noticed that using the style attribute, versus the class
attribute, makes an incredible difference, and the updates are visible
almost immediately.  However, I would like to continue using the class
attribute and an external stylesheet.

Any ideas on how to narrow the performance gap?  I'm using Batik 1.6.

Regards,
Greg