From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Comment-bug in the Batik Parser?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:26:32 GMT
Hi Matthias,

"Matthias Baldauf" <mazinger@gmx.at> wrote on 09/07/2006 04:48:44 AM:

> As you can see: the comment directly after the body-rule is appended
> after the last property-element in the previous style-element in the
XML-File.
> The SACDocumentHandler() calls the method comment() before
> the method endElement() for the Style.

   This is a risky bug to fix as it is caused by the design
of the CSS parser.  Our CSS parser is designed such that each
'document element' sets up the next important lexical
unit.  So when the parseStyleDeclaration finds the
'RIGHT_CURLY_BRACE' it then calls nextIgnoreSpaces (which
also ignores comments - but notifies the handler).  But
this happens before the caller can signal the end of X to
the document handler.

   Now one can imagine moving the call to nextIgnorespaces
outside of the parseStyleDeclaration function but the
issue is that this bug is present in many places.
Trying to fix this would involve moving a lot of similar
code around, which is error prone.

> Are there any intentions to fix this problem?

   I don't have any intention of fixing this right now.
Given that the bug is fairly benign (even in your
case it isn't _that_ bad), and the fact that it would
require fairly extensive testing (and test code) to
ensure that the fix didn't break anything else, I
just can't justify putting in my time.

   I would suggest filing a bugzilla bug report.
Also I will subtly hint that patch contributions are
always welcome.