From "Pieter Jansen" <pjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query on Capability
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:08:47 GMT
Hi,

On 9/13/06, Roy S <r_somnath@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> ยท Support for printing

I am succesfully using the printing of SVG files using Batik in
several projects at my current customer. Especially the support you
receive on this mailing list adds to the joys of using SVG.

The problems I encountered had to do with the format of the SVG our
suppliers were giving us, so don't expect any trouble with that.

Keep in mind that if you want to do more advanced things with SVG
printing (A3 printing, true scale printing) you might want to use the
Java Printing API.

Another hint: many printers keep resizing your print. If you let Batik
print to a PDF file, you can feed that PDF file to your printer, and
most of the printers will not touch the scale or size in any way.

I have no expierience with your other points, but I have full
confidence that SVG/Batik supports it. And if not, you can add it
yourself, with help of others.

Kind regards,

Pieter Jansen
http://pitr.net