From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: need help w/ <flowRoot> + getBBox()
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:09:07 GMT
OK, I ran across this:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGTextContent.html

...and so I thought I'd try getExtentOfChar().  I added this:

       alert (text.getExtentOfChar);
       alert (text.getExtentOfChar(0));

The first alert shows

	function getExtentOfChar() {/*
	org.wc3.dom.svg.SVGRect getExtentOfChar(int)
	*/}

So far so good...

But then:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGTextContentSupport.getNumberOfChars(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGTextContentSupport.getExtentOfChar(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMTextContentElement.getExtentOfChar(Unknown
Source)

Questions:

1) Am I on the right track here with getExtentOfChar()?
2) What's the deal w/ the NPE, is trunk broken?

Thx-a-lot,
—ml—