From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: need help w/ <flowRoot> + getBBox()
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 03:38:20 GMT
thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:

> Hi Mike,

Mark :-)

> news <news@sea.gmane.org> wrote on 09/13/2006 05:42:59 PM:

Say, I gather that there's a textFlow thing that's apparently a
non-standard, maybe earlier, Batik extension, or something... I really
have no idea what that is, but I'm sure you do :-).  Would that be a
better approach? (I don't care about it being portable 100%, legit SVG,
I'm really just using Batik in Cocoon as a rasterizer for some text into
some exotic font).  Maybe textFlow provides something I can hang a
getBBox() on?  I meant to ask about this earlier today.

>>is it a bad sign when the very first thing a clueless newbie wants
>>to do with SVG turns out to require "esoterica" to get it working?
>

>    Well I think you just got lucky (or not as the case may be).

ah -- well, that is good to know! :-)

cheers,
—ml—