From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Re: sXBL content includes
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:58:45 GMT
Jason McIntosh:
> I tried this, and got this error:
>
> Invalid XPath expression (myNS:label): "Prefix must resolve to a
> namespace: myNS".
>
> But the myNS prefix is defined up at the document level! So I don't
> know what's going on there.

Ah right, I remember now: it’s because the prefix is resolved inside the
shadow tree, and the namespace lookup code doesn’t cross the “boundary”
from the shadow tree to the actual document.  It’s not clear what the
proper behaviour should be.  You can get around this by declaring the
namespace again on some element inside the shdaow tree (e.g. the
xbl:content or text element).

> My goal today is to write a game-UI library that will work with Batik,
> and the parts of sXBL that Batik does claim to implement would meet my
> needs, if I could get them to work. If SVG and Batik move to XBL 2
> later, I can just update my library.

Ok.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/