From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Setting the viewBox property on the JSVGCanvas's document?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:54:37 GMT
OK, thanks for looking into it.  I will start compiling the builds I'm using with debug on.
 Could you let me know when you commit a fix so I'll get the right nightly build to test with?

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Fri 11/10/2006 6:07 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setting the viewBox property on the JSVGCanvas's document?

Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
11/08/2006 09:11:57 AM:

> I get an error when manipulating the view box of the document on the
> JSVGCanvas.  I do this to "resize" a document:

> To make things stranger, it only happens when I make the size smaller
than it
> currently is.  640x480 -> 800x600 is fine.  Then, going from 800x600 ->
> 700x600 causes the error.

   There is a bunch of conditional code that tries to avoid a total
rebuild
of the GVT tree.  Probably in the above case 800x600 -> 700x600 avoided a
total rebuild (vertical dimension was the same so scale didn't change) and

hit this bug.   I'll commit a fix shortly.

> Setting the width and height causes no problems, but the line that sets
the
> view box causes this error to pop-up in the JSVGCanvas:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at java.awt.geom.AffineTransform.<init>(AffineTransform.java:395)
>  at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGSVGElementBridge.
> handleDOMAttrModifiedEvent(Unknown Source)

    It would be nice if you would compile Batik with debug turned on.
Assuming you are using our build.xml this can be done by creating a
file 'build.properties' in the same directory as build.xml and putting
the line: "debug=on"  in it.  Then your stack traces will have line
numbers.