From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Overlays affecting the mouse cursor?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:40:05 GMT
Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
11/07/2006 03:31:02 PM:

> On my whiteboard program, you select tools from a left-hand tools menu.
They
> can include the crosshair cursor, move cursor, wait cursor, etc.  This
used to
> work fine when I was creating my own glass pane.  Now I have an Overlay
> attached to my JSVGCanvas and when I move my mouse over the canvas, it
> overrides whatever mouse cursor I?ve set on the parent Window object and

> reverts to the default cursor.  Moving back out of the JSVGCanvas does
not fix
> it.  As soon as my mouse enters the canvas, it is changed.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this behavior with Overlays?

   This has nothing to do with the overlays it has to do with the
lack of glass pane.  The simplest solution would be for you to
keep the glass pane and just never draw anything in it.  Otherwise
when the cursor is over the canvas, the canvas get's to set the cursor.

   You could also set the cursor on the canvas, unless you are
doing something else with cursors, setting the cursor property on
the root of the SVG should set it for the entire document.