From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: bug with invokeLater?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:56:39 GMT
Hi Yaroslav

"Yaroslav Bulatov" <yaroslavvb@gmail.com> wrote on 11/07/2006 08:30:28 PM:

> I used canvas.getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue().
>     invokeLater(new Runnable())  to update DOM tree, but was running
> into deadlock sometimes. I noticed that "synchronized" block in
> RunnableQueue.run doesn't have "notify" at the end. If I add
> list.notify() there, I no longer get deadlocks.

    I don't think this fixed your problem.  The only code that
wait's on the list is the RunnableQueue.run method, which obviously
can't be waiting when you call notify, so while I don't think your
change is dangerous I don't think it fixes anything.

    You don't say what version of Batik you are using, we have
fixed some small deadlock issues since 1.6 was released.