From "Jason McIntosh" <zendo...@gmail.com>
Subject sXBL content includes
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:36:55 GMT
What's the current functionality status of the "includes" attribute of
the xbl:content element?

Based on what I've learned about xSBL, I would expect the following
simple SVG document to print "This text isn't in a label element."
followed by "This text is within a label element!" However, only the
first line prints. I am using a Squiggle that I built with the latest
SVN trunk sources (revsion 471487).

I am prepared to learn that I'm doing something wrong, and would
appreciate a pointer if that's the case.

<svg
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.2"
    xmlns:xbl="http://www.w3.org/2004/xbl"
    xmlns:myNS="http://example.com"

  <defs>
    <xbl:xbl>

      <xbl:definition element="myNS:no-label">
        <xbl:template>
          <text>
            <xbl:content />
          </text>
        </xbl:template>
      </xbl:definition>

      <xbl:definition element="myNS:has-label">
        <xbl:template>
          <text>
            <xbl:content includes="has-label"/>
          </text>
        </xbl:template>
      </xbl:definition>

    </xbl:xbl>
  </defs>

  <g font-size="14pt" font-family="Verdana" transform="translate(10, 35)">
    <myNS:no-label>
      This text isn't in a label element.
    </myNS:no-label>
  </g>

  <g font-size="14pt" font-family="Verdana" transform="translate(10, 65)">
    <myNS:has-label>
      This text is within a label element!
    </myNS:has-label>
  </g>