From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: finding the transformed location of a svg group
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:19:07 GMT
...well, you're not doing anything with srcId; you never reference that
ID or the element it belongs to.

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: Tacio Santos [mailto:tacio.santos@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:04 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: finding the transformed location of a svg group

Hi,
I know this is certainly a basic question, but I'm having problems
getting the location of svg groups on the JSVGCanvas. What I want to
achieve is to move an ellipse (identified by srcId) over a svg group
(dstId). I've read that I may have somehow to use
getTransformToElement , but I don't know how. Could someone give me
some help?

thanks in advance,
Tacio

PS: this is what I'm curently doing

public void moveEllipseToPos( String srcId, String dstId ){
   SVGDocument document = this.getSVGDocument();
   final Element dst_e = document.getElementById(dstId);
   SVGLocatable dst_loc = (SVGLocatable) dst_e;
   final double dest_x=dst_loc.getBBox().getX();
   final double dest_y=dst_loc.getBBox().getY();
   canvas.getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(
   new Runnable() {
      public void run() {
      dst_e.setAttributeNS(null, "cx", "" +dest_x);
      dst_e.setAttributeNS(null, "cy", "" +dest_y);
      }});
}