From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: use Batik rasterizer to get same result as in Squiggle
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:27:54 GMT
Hello Johan,

hm, I couldn't get it to work either. The only way I found out which
works, was to exchange the
width="100%" with some pixel value, like width="1200".

Then I used the following command:

./build.sh svgrasterizer -d image_magick.pdf -m application/pdf
image_magick.xml.svg

It is an elegant mix of percentages and fixed values that you use. I
like it!

Andreas

compie wrote:

>I would like to use the Batik-rasterizer to get the same result as I see on
>the screen with Squiggle.
>
>Here is my SVG file:
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/image_magick.xml.svg
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/image_magick.xml.svg
>
>Viewed in Squiggle:
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/squiggle.png
>
>Result from rasterizer:
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/rasterizer.png
>
>I have been trying to use the -w, -h, -maxw, -maxh, -a and -dpi options to
>get the same result as in Squiggle, but the result only gets worser.
>Can someone point out the options I need to get my SVG file correctly
>rasterized?
>
>P.S. The SVG file is well-formed and valid and it displays correctly in
>Firefox 2, IE7 (with Adobe SVG viewer plugin).
>See:
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/firefox.png
>http://www.johanc.nl/dump/ie.png

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/