From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: use Batik rasterizer to get same result as in Squiggle
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:50:50 GMT
Hi Thomas and Johan,

I just tried the new SVN version. It seems to work perfect. I used this
command:

./build.sh svgrasterizer -d image_magick.pdf -m application/pdf -w 1200
http://www.johanc.nl/dump/image_magick.xml.svg

So, Johan if you grap the SVN version or a nightly build your problem is
solved.

Thank you Thomas for your very quick fix. I really appreciate your
responsiveness!

Andreas

thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:

>Hi Compie,
>
>    I've just committed a patch that fixes this.
>
>compie <johanc@gmail.com> wrote on 03/02/2007 03:15:19 AM:
>

>>But there has to be a way to make it work, because Squiggle can handle
>>

>the
>

>>percentages used for the width.
>>Does Squiggle use the batik rasterizer or the transcoding API?
>>

>   Squiggle doesn't use the transcoder API to render to the
>screen (it would be too inefficient for dynamic documents).
>The basic problem is that the rasterizer didn't set it's
>User Agent Width/Height before evaluating the SVG document
>(when the percentages are evaluated).
>
>   A bit part of the reason is that we don't want w/h to
>act just like the U/A W/H in SVG since we often want to
>'scale' the image up to match those given.  However I
>think that my change only improves things since it makes
>the 'desired' size available when evaluating the root
>SVG element, but we continue to resize the document if it
>doesn't conform.

yes, this makes sense.

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/