From Hauke Fuhrmann <...@informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Subject get x and y values of a path element
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:00:52 GMT
Hello there,

is there any possibility to get a list of interpolation points of an
arbitrary SVG Path element?

My task is to move some element along an SVG Path element and therefore
I want to redraw it again and again at the corresponding positions of
the path. Therefore I need the x and y coordinates of the path according
to some input parameter, which could be the percentage of the path
length. E.g. something like

Point getCoords(float percentage);

All methods or classes I found return only --for example-- an array of
the _commands_ rather than actual positions, e.g. the PathArrayProducer.
I hope I can avoid to write my own PathHandler, that interpretes the
path commands.

Best regards,
Hauke