From Hauke Fuhrmann <...@informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Subject Re: get x and y values of a path element
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:00:14 GMT
Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hope this helps,

Thanks for these hints!

> However, if you just want to move an element along the path, consider
> using SMIL: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#AnimateMotionElement

This sounds quite what I want to do, expect one thing (sorry, I'm an SVG
newbie, so I'm not exactly sure, what features SMIL provides): as I
understand, the animations of SMIL are synchronized to time. However I
need to trigger these animations manually, resp. by some external events.
For example I want to define a gauge, that displays some sensor value
that some other program regularly sends to my application. So I need to
animate the needle of the gauge corresponding to external input and not
to predefined time. Is it possible to do this with batik (with SMIL?)?

Best regards,
Hauke