From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Slow svg rendering on MAC (again)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:45:23 GMT
good to know.

I am also on MacOSX (but only in Squiggle, not a Java App) and currently
don't experience performance problems.

Andreas

Martin Constantine wrote:

> I found the true root cause of the slow down. The document loaded in
> Squiggle only appeared to be the same as the one loaded by our app,
> but it was not. Our app was doing some extra things to the documents
> prior to rendering. One in particular was setting the
> "shape-rendering" property to "geometricprecision". When this property
> is left alone (shows as "auto" in the dom viewer) all is well with the
> world.
>
> Bottom line, let if running on OS X, set shape-rendering to auto.
>
> I hope this helps anyone who is or gets stuck in the future. Speaking
> of which, is this fixable in batik?

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/