From Thomas.Ha...@blum.com
Subject Antwort: Re: error messages from JSVGCanvas
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:25:12 GMT
Ok,

I will have a look at it, thanks!

regards
Thomas

Tonny Kohar <tonny@kiyut.com>
15.03.2007 09:45
Bitte antworten an
batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

An
batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: error messages from JSVGCanvas

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 08:10 +0100, Thomas.Hagen@blum.com wrote:
> I've a question about the "error messages" shown by the JSVGCanvas.
> When something goes wrong during rendering a document (basically when
> calling the setDocument() method on the JSVGCanvas) like running out
> of memory or missing of a required svg attribute the JSVGCanvas shows
> an error dialog.
>
> Now in my application (where I use a JSVGCanvas) I would rather have
> the canvas throwing an exception then showing theses messages so I can
> handle these problems myself in the application. Is there any way I
> can do something about it?

I do not use JSVGCanvas directly so I do not know how to apply it. But
by looking at Batik Source Code, I think you could handle the error by
extending and registered your own user agent

Please look at the following:
- org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.CanvasUserAgent the methods
displayError
- org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGUserAgentGUIAdapter the methods
displayError
- org.apache.batik.util.gui.JErrorPane

Regards
Tonny Kohar