From "Dylan Browne" <dy...@mango-solutions.com>
Subject Font Metrics
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:19:30 GMT
Hi,

If I am rendering a specified font in SVG, say Verdana, is there anyway to
ascertain information about the font rendering. What I need to get hold of
is the ascent and descent so I am able to layout text correctly.

I am guessing to be able to do this I need to get hold of the Font Metrics
object, and to do that would require access to the Graphics object?

I am creating my SVG using Batik DOM, so am also guessing this is not
possible? In which case I should define my own font, or use a true type font
and convert it to SVG font using ttf2SVG?

Hope my questions make sense, and thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Dylan.