From "Henric Rosvall" <hen...@opv.se>
Subject Increase Image Loading performance
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 08:52:06 GMT
Hi!

I need to load a huge amount of images of different formats into a
subclassed JSVGCanvas.
Currently I go about it in the following way: If it's a format that the
canvas can't handle, I use an Image-component (ImageRO) to load the
image into a BufferedImage. Then i extract the binary data from the
image, and convert it into a PNG-image, which is then byte64-encoded
into a string which is inserted into an Image-element (then the
JSVGCanvas loads the data, base64-decodes it, and then render it onto
the canvas).

As you can imagine, all of these operations and conversions require
quite alot of power and CPU-time, so I was wondering if you have some
better solution for inserting an image that doesn't require quite as
many steps and conversions?

Regards
Henric Rosvall