From "G. Wade Johnson" <gwa...@anomaly.org>
Subject Re: Image flipping/mirror
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:25:46 GMT
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:28:57 -0700 (PDT)
vyang <vyang@apt-cafm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your help.  I'm not quite sure what your snippet code is
> doing:
>
> <g transform="translate(60,45)">
>    <image x="-50" y="-25" width="100" height="50"
>           xlink:href="image.png"/>
> </g>
>
> I'm guessing is that you first translated to the opposite filp point
> and then flip it using the transform in the group element?  I tried
> something similar to that, I first translate my image to (0,0) then
> flip it then translate it back.  I've found this method on
> dev.opera's article on svg evolution.  This method seems to be
> working... at least for now.  Thanks for your help.

That's right. Both approaches work fine. I find mine easier to wrap my
head around. I did start with an approach similar to the one you
describe years ago.

G. Wade
--
If you like laws and sausages, you should never watch either one being
made.                                           -- Otto von Bismarck