From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Increase Image Loading performance
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:51:06 GMT
Hi Henric,

"Henric Rosvall" <henric@opv.se> wrote on 04/04/2007 04:52:06 AM:

> I need to load a huge amount of images of different formats into a
> subclassed JSVGCanvas.
> Currently I go about it in the following way: If it's a format that
> the canvas can't handle, I use an Image-component (ImageRO) to load
> the image into a BufferedImage.

   If you have code to do this you should be able to simply plug
this into Batik's Image loading system.  Take a look at:
        batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageTagRegistry

   Also if you look at the
        batik.ext.awt.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGRegistryEntry

   For what needs to happen.

   Also if you have Java Image I/O implementations of your
readers you can plug those in as well.