From "Jeff Schiller" <codedr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik Applet deployment
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:15:07 GMT
Thomas,

I assume you mean use the <object> tag and then suggest the
appropriate Java plugin for the reader to download?  This might be
acceptable except people are less willing to download and install
software to see a web page, they expect it to just come up (a la HTML
or Flash).  If someone has JRE 1.3 I would prefer not to force them to
upgrade to 1.4 just to see my page.

I am curious what version of the JRE is shipped with various flavours
of IE, Fx, Opera, etc.  Does anyone know where I could learn this?

Thanks again,
Jeff