Hi!

I need to load a huge amount of images of different formats into a subclassed JSVGCanvas.
Currently I go about it in the following way: If it's a format that the canvas can't handle, I use an Image-component (ImageRO) to load the image into a BufferedImage. Then i extract the binary data from the image, and convert it into a PNG-image, which is then byte64-encoded into a string which is inserted into an Image-element (then the JSVGCanvas loads the data, base64-decodes it, and then render it onto the canvas).

As you can imagine, all of these operations and conversions require quite alot of power and CPU-time, so I was wondering if you have some better solution for inserting an image that doesn't require quite as many steps and conversions?

Regards
Henric Rosvall