I just installed the Batik 1.7b1 libraries and I’ve got a mouse listener registered on the DOM:

final EventTarget eventTarget = (EventTarget) svgDocument.getDocumentElement();

eventTarget.addEventListener(SVGConstants.SVG_EVENT_MOUSEDOWN, mouseDownListener, false);

Since the introduction of Batik 1.7b1, the mouse listener is unable to differentiate between left and right mouse buttons.  Regardless of which one I click, the button is reported as “1” which is interpreted as the right mouse button; I can’t get a left-click at all:

public class MouseDownDragListener implements EventListener {

.

.

.

   public void handleEvent(Event event) {

      final DOMMouseEvent elementEvent = (DOMMouseEvent) event;

      System.out.println("MouseDownDragListener::handleEvent - Button is " + elementEvent.getButton());

   }

}

Anyone else able to confirm this?

Michael Bishop