From "Jay Baldwin" <JBald...@tweddle.com>
Subject RE: Export SVG to JPEG, PDF
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:33:58 GMT
I have pretty good luck with the command shown below for JPEG.  Note,
it's very difficult to control the resolution of the output file unless
the SVG contains unit qualifiers on the svg element's width and depth
attributes (other than px, or nothing (which defaults to px)).  "-q
0.99" preserves the image quality as much as possible, which for me is
important since we convert for print, not for online viewing:

java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/jpeg -q 0.99
-dpi [dpi] -d [output_dir] [input_file [input_file(s)]]

Jay Baldwin
Application Development Team Leader

Tweddle Litho Company
24700 Maplehurst, Clinton Twp, MI 48036-1336

+1.586.840.1324
http://www.tweddle.com/ <http://www.tweddle.com/>