From ACE91 <adamleg...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send event from embedded Javascript to Java
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:32:38 GMT

thomas.deweese wrote:

>    I'm sorry you found this frustrating.  The proper way to
> obtain the BridgeContext for the current document is by calling:
>
>         JSVGCanvas canvas = ....;
>         BridgeContext bctx = canvas.getUpdateManager().getBridgeContext();
>
>     See the javadoc for getUpdateManager for more information on when
> and how you can safely call the method.

Well, this was certainly one of those forehead-slapping moments... *slaps
forehead* I should have known it would be that obvious. Yes, I tried this
method, and now it works like a charm.

Thank you so much for helping me. :)

thomas.deweese wrote:

>    I don't think such a tutorial exists.  However, contributions to the
> wiki are open to all, so if you wish to contribute to the community it
> would be nice to write a Wiki page summarizing what you have learned
> from this e-mail exchange it would be appreciated.

Maybe I will do that. Not now, but later, after I understand all of this
better. The Wiki definitely needs it, after all. So no promises, but you may
see a tutorial on this posted there soon...