From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Two Batik errors
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:47:55 GMT
Hi Luca.

Luca Piccarreta:
> Hi all, I just joined this mailing list.
> I hope this is correct place for sending error reports.

Yep. :)

> The first one is very simple:
> In DomMouseEvent.initMouseEvent(...) the line:
>        modifierKeys = new HashSet();
> is missing, at least I think.

Thanks, yes that was missing.  I just committed a change that ensures
DOMMouseEvent and DOMKeyboardEvent objects can have their modifiers
inspected before being initialised without throwing an NPE, too.

> The second one is more involved, and it has been signaled quite a
> long time ago in bugzilla:
> shapes that use gradients are not changed when the gradient is changed.
> I understand there are workarounds, but anyway this might be a tentative
> solution:
> - gradients and stops fire an event "BatikCustomGradientEvent" whenever
> they're changed
> - gradients that refer to other gradients listen to that event and
> re-dispatch it
> - elements that use a gradient listen for that event on the gradient
> the missing case is "changing the id of a gradient to a value already
> set on an element fill/shape".
> This might be tricky but feasible, anyway, and maybe cleaner than having
> back-pointers from
> gradients to referring elements.

Yeah, I think such a mechanism will be used.  Fixing this long standing
bug will probably be something we look at after the 1.7 release.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/