From Jeff Abernathy <jeff.aberna...@asolutions.com>
Subject resize a rotated shape
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:43:39 GMT
Hello,

In an SVG based drawing application, I am trying to modify the ability to resize shapes on
the canvas to work with shapes that have been rotated. This works fine for circles and ellipses,
but when resizing something like a rectangle, the shape moves around on the canvas (since
the center of the shape changes as you change the shape's size). How should I alter the x
and y values of the rectangle to make it appear that the shape is anchored on the canvas while
resizing?

If I keep the shape's rotation center the same as the previous size's center, the rectangle
appears to stay in place -- however this screws up the rotation transformation for future
attempts to rotate/move the shape.

Thanks,
Jeff Abernathy