From "Praveen Nayak" <Praveen.Na...@telelogic.com>
Subject Using ScriptableObject inside IE JavaScript
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:38:42 GMT
Hi,

I have a reference of a ScriptableObject inside a JavaScript which is in
the IE's context and not Rhino's.

Trying to access a property out of the object as follows works.

scrObj.getProperty(scrObj, "objectProperty");

But trying to call a method as follows, doesn't work

scrObj.callMethod(scrObj, "objectMethod", null);

I get an exception java.lang.nullPointerException.

1. From the documentation of ScriptableObject, I see that I must pass a
Java object in the place I passed null during the callMethod, but I
don't know how to get an instance of a Java object from inside
JavaScript.

2. Also, how do I access ScriptableObject class inside JavaScript? There
are a lot of static methods that I am currently accessing as instance
methods (for example getProperty).

Is there any good documentation on how to use ScriptableObject in
JavaScript I can refer?

Thanks,

Praveen