From "Marc-Wayne M. Formales" <mforma...@msn.com>
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas does not update with modified DOM using Update Manager
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 01:48:36 GMT

Thanks Tonny.

I modified my code to use the namespace-aware methods wherever it is applicable but the canvas
is still not updating.   My JSVGCanvas is in a JTabbedPane, could this have anything to do
with the updates not being seen (like perhaps making a JTabbedPane dynamic or something)?

Also, in regards to being namespace aware:

NodeList aLinks = document.getElementsByTagNameNS(svgNS, "a");
Node aLink = aLinks.item(0); <- Namespace aware?
NamedNodeMap aLinkAtts = aLink.getAttributes(); <- Namespace aware?
Regards, Marc> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:07:32 +0700> From: tonny.kohar@gmail.com>
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org> Subject: Re: JSVGCanvas does not update with modified
DOM using Update Manager> > Hi,> > On 11/1/07, Marc-Wayne M. Formales <mformales@msn.com>
wrote:> >> > Element animate = diagramSVG.createElement("animateColor"); //where>
> diagramSVG is Document type> > //set attributes> > animate.setAttribute(
...);> > ...> > Batik is namespace aware, so you need to use namespace when creating>
or set attribute using the namespace aware methods> > String svgNS = SVGConstants.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;>
diagramSVG.createElementNS(svgNS,...)> animate.setAttributeNS(svgNS,...)> > Regards>
Tonny Kohar> -- > Inspiration and Expression> http://blogs.kiyut.com/tonny/> >