From "Marc-Wayne M. Formales" <mforma...@msn.com>
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas does not update with modified DOM using Update Manager
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:16:46 GMT
> Did you set the JSVGCanvas to be dynamic eg:> svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC)
Yes, the JSVGCanvas was set to be dynamic.  Turns out the problem was with the setAttributeNS
method (see later post).
> Yes, it is namespace aware, because the first line querying the aLinks> using namespace
aware, so the result object is already name aware.> Note: when there is a namespace aware,
use the namespace aware> methods, if there is none, no choice, just assume it is namespace>
aware.
Cool.  I was assuming that as well, but with the canvas not updating properly I wanted to
be sure.
Regards, Marc

> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:25:41 +0700> From: tonny.kohar@gmail.com> To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org;
mformales@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: JSVGCanvas does not update with modified DOM using
Update Manager> > Hi,> > On Nov 6, 2007 8:48 AM, Marc-Wayne M. Formales <mformales@msn.com>
wrote:> > I modified my code to use the namespace-aware methods wherever it is> >
applicable but the canvas is still not updating. My JSVGCanvas is in a> > JTabbedPane,
could this have anything to do with the updates not being seen> > (like perhaps making
a JTabbedPane dynamic or something)?> > Did you set the JSVGCanvas to be dynamic eg:>
svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC)> > > Also, in regards to being
namespace aware:> >> > NodeList aLinks = document.getElementsByTagNameNS(svgNS,
"a");> > Node aLink = aLinks.item(0); <- Namespace aware?> > NamedNodeMap aLinkAtts
= aLink.getAttributes(); <- Namespace aware?> > Yes, it is namespace aware, because
the first line querying the aLinks> using namespace aware, so the result object is already
name aware.> Note: when there is a namespace aware, use the namespace aware> methods,
if there is none, no choice, just assume it is namespace> aware.> > Cheers> Tonny
Kohar> -- > Citra FX Photo Filter> imagine, design, create ...> http://www.kiyut.com>