From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: printing from squiggle, getting rid of the printer margins
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:02:32 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net> wrote on 10/29/2007 04:27:06 PM:

> I often generate content that needs to be very precise when it comes to
> scale. I want to use the printing dialogue in squiggle. However,
> Squiggle insists on scaling the content down (using the printer margins)

> which reduces the whole graphics.

[...]

> Is there a trick for avoiding such scaling?

   The PrintTranscoder has a 'SCALE_TO_PAGE' Hint
that I believe turns off this scaling.  You can also
set the Print Margins through hints.

   Actually, I thought the print dialogs had a way that you
could specify the print margins yourself.

> If not, would it be possible
> to modify the printing dialogue and add a scaling option or a checkbox
> to print at 100%/no scaling? Or a checkbox that says something "don't
> use printer margins"

    So this is trickier since we use the JDK provided print dialogs.
There is probably a way to add such a checkbox but I don't know what
it is.  The other option would be for us to add a third(!) print dialog
just to present such options...

    Another option would be to use the PrintTranscoder directly,
where you can set the above hints on the command line.