From "Tonny Kohar" <tonny.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSVGCanvas does not update with modified DOM using Update Manager
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 06:25:41 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 6, 2007 8:48 AM, Marc-Wayne M. Formales <mformales@msn.com> wrote:
>  I modified my code to use the namespace-aware methods wherever it is
> applicable but the canvas is still not updating.   My JSVGCanvas is in a
> JTabbedPane, could this have anything to do with the updates not being seen
> (like perhaps making a JTabbedPane dynamic or something)?

Did you set the JSVGCanvas to be dynamic eg:
svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC)

>  Also, in regards to being namespace aware:
>
>  NodeList aLinks = document.getElementsByTagNameNS(svgNS, "a");
>  Node aLink = aLinks.item(0); <- Namespace aware?
>  NamedNodeMap aLinkAtts = aLink.getAttributes(); <- Namespace aware?

Yes, it is namespace aware, because the first line querying the aLinks
using namespace aware, so the result object is already name aware.
Note: when there is a namespace aware, use the namespace aware
methods, if there is none, no choice, just assume it is namespace
aware.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--