From julapy <jul...@googlemail.com>
Subject Tiling into seperate SVG files from SVG DOM tree
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 04:47:03 GMT

Hi,

The problem that I'm having in is not a complex one but I've been scouring
the batik docs for the last couple hours to no avail.

I'm currently writing some graphic information to a SVGGraphics2D object and
streaming the SVG data into a SVG file.  Life is good.

I'm now trying to tile the SVGGraphics2D data into smaller SVG files since
the my current output is something rediculous like 60megs and keeps crashing
Illustrator.

I've looked into using transcoders but only the ImageTranscoder seems to
support tiling.
The SVGTranscoder seems like it can do what I'm after but there is no way of
setting the width and height through TranscodingHint like in the
JPEGTranscoder,
trans.addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_HEIGHT, new Float(aoi.height));

Can a transcoder be used for tiling svg files or do I have to take a
different approach?