From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: skipping unknown functions
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 01:08:22 GMT
Hi Martin.

Martin Zdila:
> is it possible to make CSS parser to skip errors? I have CSS file that also
> contains CSS3 functions. Batik CSS parser stops parsing CSS when it parses
> it:
>
> /* until here CSS is parsed */
> FOO:nth-child(even) {
> }
> /* not parsed here */
>
> I've attached patch that ignores unknown functions.

I think it would be good for the CSS engine to have a forward-compatible
parsing mode (i.e., to skip unknown constructs according to
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#parsing-errors), but I would
rather have a more complete solution than just skipping unknown
pseudo-classes.

> BTW it there somebody alive on the mialing list? I am getting no response to
> my mails...

We are here, just not able to reply to mails so quickly.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/