From "Praveen Nayak" <Praveen.Na...@telelogic.com>
Subject RE: Rhino engine
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 05:43:16 GMT
Hi,

If I host batik in an applet in the browser, would it be possible to use the browser's native
javascript engine - especially with Internet Explorer and its native engine Jscript?
I want to get an idea about if I chose to explore that area, would it be an overly complex
research, or do you see a possibility of it working.
As I have not much experience in this area, I am looking for some expert advice.

Thank you,
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron McCormack [mailto:cam@mcc.id.au]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 10:53 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Rhino engine

Hi Praveen.

Praveen Nayak:
> Is there any javascript engine I can use with Batik other than Rhino
> engine? Would the engine need to be written in Java?

I don’t know of one that you could easily plug in.  You could use a script engine written
in C/C++ as long as you implement the org.apache.batik.script.Interpreter interface in Java
and use JNI to call the native JavaScript library’s functions.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Telelogic, An IBM Company
Read more at www.telelogic.com

Praveen Nayak
Technical Leader
Telelogic India Pvt Ltd
#58, 1- 4 HM Towers,
Brigade Road,
560 025 Bangalore
India

Phone: +91 (80) 419 95800 x327
Fax:
Mobile phone:
Praveen.Nayak@telelogic.com
http://www.telelogic.com
Telelogic Lifecycle Solutions:
Helping You Define, Design & Deliver Advanced Systems & Software

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment or enclosure, is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.