From "ozemale@ozemail.com.au" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Some basic questions about Batik and SVG functions
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 02:55:38 GMT
<HTML>
Could someone please answer the following basic questions I have about Batik and SVG in general.<BR>

<BR>

1. Is it possible for different "sections" or regions of an SVG to be
displayed at different zoom levels, either by initiating the zoom from
Batik functionality or perhaps by scripting in the SVG itself?&nbsp; If
yes, could you offer an example?<BR>

<BR>

2. Is it possible to invoke functions declared in the ECMAScript inside
an SVG from a Java program that uses Batik?&nbsp; If yes, could you
offer an example?<BR>

<BR>

3. Conversely, is it possible for the ECMAScript inside an SVG to
invoke methods in a surrounding Java program that uses Batik?&nbsp; If
yes, could you offer an example?<BR>
 <BR>

I am very impressed with Batik - it appears to be the best SVG viewing
environment around and is also great for SVG manipulations.&nbsp;
Surprisingly I cannot see any significant performance difference
between scripting in Batik when compared to say ASV in a web browser.<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

Thanks,<BR>

<BR>