From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Squiggle in Ubuntu 8.04
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:31:11 GMT
Hi Giselle,

"Giselle Machado" <giselle.mnr@gmail.com> wrote on 08/19/2008 01:21:36 PM:

> Ok, I downloaded the nightly build but I still have the same
> problem... It works with java 6 though, not with 5. But what I am
> developing must work with java 5 =/

   So clearly the problem is not really with Batik but in either
the Java 5 or perhaps the X Windows implementation on Ubuntu.  I
would suggest working on the Java 5 requirement rather than expending
a lot of effort trying to 'fix' Batik when it's really not what's
broken.

> In this application I use a JSVGCanvas to display a SVG, and,
> according to the listeners, the render is completed, but nothing
> appears in the window.
> Nevertheless, when I save the image as a jpg, it
> actually is there.

   So IIRC from Squiggle the save as JPEG actually uses the offscreen
buffer that Batik renders so if the JPEG has the image then we
rendered it correctly and the problem is with Swing sending the update
to the display.

   If you want you might try drawing the image on the screen
with some of the other draw commands that the g2d offers (the
current call is the one that worked and was reasonably fast).
You can find the call in paintComponent of batik.swing.gvt.JGVTComponet
It's the call to 'drawRenderedImage'.  There are a number of
other calls that let you display a BufferedImage.