From "John C. Turnbull" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject AccessControlException running latest Squiggle
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 01:13:04 GMT
I am trying to build and run Batik Squiggle from the latest sources but
after successfully building it I get this error when I run it:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
D:\Projects\batik-squiggle-1.8\build\classes\org\apache\batik\apps\svgbrowse
r\resources\init.svg read)

                at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:323)

                at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)

                at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)

                at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)

                at java.io.File.isDirectory(File.java:752)

                at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:6
5)

                at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection
.java:161)

                at
org.apache.batik.util.ParsedURLData.openStreamInternal(ParsedURLData.java:55
3)

                at
org.apache.batik.util.ParsedURLData.openStream(ParsedURLData.java:476)

                at
org.apache.batik.util.ParsedURL.openStream(ParsedURL.java:428)

                at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocument
Factory.java:158)

                at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createSVGDocument(SAXSVGDocum
entFactory.java:124)

                at
org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.loadDocument(DocumentLoader.java:106)

                at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGDocumentLoader.run(SVGDocumentLoader.java:84)

The file init.svg definitely exists in the right location so why is it that
Squiggle cannot access it?  The default security policy file also appears to
be in the right place.

Thanks,

-JCT