From control_batik <a20022...@pucp.edu.pe>
Subject Re: Some white areas appear after many zoom in, zoom out and pan actions
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:21:49 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer
Well, when I add the small icons , i do it in the
UpdateManager's RunnableQueue.
I don't get any exceptions.
I am using these java VM parameters -Xms32m -Xmx500m, and
when I watch the memory consume of the process , it's not
bigger than 200m, so i think it has enough memory.
When I add the small svg images, I do it of this way:

  UpdateManager um = null;
  while (um == null) um =
this.svgCanvas.getUpdateManager();
  um.getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(r);

where in r is the code that modify the svg file,
It works but I'm not sure that it's the best way.
First, I create a new svg document, then I set it as the
document of the canvas, of this way:

svgCanvas.setSVGDocument((SVGDocument) basedocument);

Next , to this document I add the big svg file:

root.appendChild(basedocument.importNode(ele, true));

I add a addGVTTreeBuilderListener to the canvas,
when the render process it's complete I show it in a
jframe, so in this case  i don't use the UpdateManager's
RunnableQueue but I think using the listener  it should
be ok, so the root it's the empty document. The
big svg file and the icons are added to this root.
Maybe, something is  wrong with this , something
inefficient or i can do it in a better way.
Some times the white areas doesn't appear.

Thank you for the help.