From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:45:38 GMT
> The svg file can not be shrinked on FireFox3.0.
> why?

Note that Firefox has its own forum [1] for posting SVG-related
questions, where I'd suggest redirecting this thread if there are more
Firefox-specific comments.

The SVG zoom and pan functionality is not as inter-operable as one
might expect. Different implementations have different behavior (key
combinations used, slightly different context menu terminology, etc.)
and some implementations (such Firefox) don't implement it at all
(take a look at the "Zoom, Pan, and Resize" section of [2] for
additional background information). Nevertheless, Firefox has a couple
[2] [3] of plug-ins which aim to provide such functionality, although
they are a bit buggy and somehow outdated.

If you meant "shrink" by adjusting the window size instead of zooming
out, than it may be due to not specifying canvas dimensions
("width"/"height") and/or the "viewbox" attribute [4].

> boolean useCSS = true; // we want to use CSS style attributes

Just a side note: I'd generally suggest using XML attributes instead
of CSS for styling SVG. Although they seem to be equivalent, there are
good reasons [5] for that.

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.svg/