From "Helder Magalh√£es" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Scripting using other languages than the officially supported
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:12:31 GMT
> Is it possible to use VB Scripts with Batik (for event handling/script
> execution)?
> Will i have to find some VBScript interpretor implemented in Java.?
> Are there any cross-platform VBScript interpretor implementation available,
> which i can
> plug into batik.

As far as I know, Batik out-of-the-box supports ECMAScript (commonly
and naively referred to as JavaScript) and Java as scripting languages
[1].

Nevertheless, crawling through the Web revealed what seems to be a
potentially related project. "Scripting" [2] already supports a wide
set of languages (no VBScript, though), seems to be actively developed
and refers Batik support though a script extension ("SVG scripting"
section). Has anybody tested this interesting project? Should a link
be added into the Wiki [3]?

Regards,

 Helder Magalhaes

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/index.html