From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sub-pixel LCD antialiasing for text in Batik
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:08:09 GMT
> I'm testing using squiggle. Squiggle draws the text in the SVG using
> grey levels (gray-scale anti-aliasing). Squiggle's menu buttons are
> however drawn using subpixel rendering (proving that my java
> installation can do subpixel rendering).

I'm not sure if that (Squiggle's menu buttons using subpixel
rendering) proves it. AFAIK, Java is able to use the native operating
system widgets so, although you may have sub-pixel rendering enabled
at the operating system level, your Java settings may (potentially)
not be configured to take advantage of it. Unfortunately my expertize
with Java tweaks is not enough so I can (easily) confirm this
hypothesis.

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães