From "Albretch Mueller" <lbrt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik 3D
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:08:32 GMT
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net> wrote:
> and performance will be suboptimal for medium to larger scene-graphs
~
 As I said, in my case I will simply geometric objects on a blank
background nothing demanding at all and I need to have the
data-structure in some xmlish svg form
~
> since SVG and Batik is optimized for 2d and not 3d and it is often not using the hardware
acceleration features of modern graphics cards
~
 this to me would actually be a plus since those "hardware
acceleration features" are based on native calls which I don't use
since I am coding appletswebstart applications
~
 lbrtchx