From "Declan Shanaghy" <dshana...@w5networks.com>
Subject RE: SVG is alive, was: Re: Why is Batik so complex?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:36:50 GMT
I.E share has been steadily declining and is nowhere near 85%.

>From looking at the statistics of my own sites (which are mostly used by
non technical people) I.E. share is more likely around 45%

The stats on this page closely matches what I see on my sites.

Wahoo!! Is all I can say!

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Uckelman [mailto:uckelman@nomic.net]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 1:18 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: SVG is alive, was: Re: Why is Batik so complex?

Thus spake "John C. Turnbull":
> It's nice to see so much interest in SVG but the fact remains that
well =
> over
> 85% of all browser users do not have access to SVG because it is not
> supported by IE.

Last I checked, various sources had IE in the low 70s for 3Q2008, and
losing a percentage point or two per quarter, so it's not so bad as
that. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers for
a summary.) I've often wondered who those IE users are, since it's
rather
improbable that 7/10 of all page hits are from IE while at the same time
I don't know a single person who uses it.

--
J.