From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Batik and memory consumption
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:31:46 GMT
Would you mind checking if you have a similar memory consumption if you
install FOP 0.95 and run:
fop -imagein myimage.svg -pdf myimage.jpg
??? I'm asking since you might be running on older code that might not
efficiently process JPEG images.

I guess it also depends what you're doing with the JPEG image. If it is
run through filter operations the JPEG image has to be decoded in memory.
If not it should theoretically not load the JPEG file into memory but
efficiently pass it into the PDF undecoded. However, if it has a color
profile, that could use up some memory.

On 04.11.2008 13:19:26 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
> Hi.When i try to render a pdf from batik using jpg images of high quality
> the memory consumption is extremely high.
> I tested this now with a 12mp image (4000*3000).
> In order to have this output the pdf correctly with the pdftranscoder it
> needs almost 600mb.
>
> Any way  of improving this?
>
> Thanks guys, Batik rocks.

Jeremias Maerki